WHO WE ARE Iron is a design agency specializing in brand strategy and aligning website experiences with their brand and company goals. We are a small yet efficient team that creates beautiful and functional brand deliverables. We are problem solvers expressing solutions through creativity. We believe building a brand requires an understanding of its core values and goals in order to convey itself by means of a strategic creative system.
Our creative process embraces the beauty of iterative collaboration and deep exploration, and advocates for functionality and empathy for the user/audience at all times. We embrace the ever-evolving nature of the internet by pushing our clientele to anticipate how their site will function in the technological setting of the future.
Our area’s diverse, entrepreneurial economy allows us to collaborate with an incredible variety of clientele. We assist universities and craft brewers, non-profits, and tech companies, initiatives, startups and more. Specifically, many of our client’s brands necessitate beautiful identities and functional websites, user-oriented packaging, interactive ad campaigns, graphics and commercials, and a host of other creative constituents.
WHAT WE WANT We are seeking a digital-focused designer to extend our small team’s talent and grow with our company. This designer’s portfolio should be well-rounded with some print and branding related works, and yet a larger emphasis on ui/ux work and motion design. Our workflow is fast and we will expect this designer to prioritize effectively. You can expect to touch on 2-7 projects any given day. This is a full-time position based in Ithaca NY at our studio.
Our process is as immersive as you make it. We are seeking a designer who drools during the research and discovery phase, who thinks from different points of view, and who still believes in the power of sketching past your first, second, and third idea. We expect you to understand what a brand is beyond it’s logo and mission statement.
REQUIREMENTS Various skills, qualities, and talents will be necessary to this position.
- bachelor’s degree in a graphic, new media, or closely-related design field
- minimum of 2 years experience in the professional design industry
- proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, After Effects, Sketch (Adobe XD, Incopy and Dreamweaver, Invision and/or Principle are a plus)
- A strong process that allows you to conceptualize multiple valid ideas for a given project
- Well-rounded portfolio of work with a focus on digital work
- Solid understanding of responsive web design
- interactive media / motion graphics
- professional writing skills both on the creative writing front and for communication purposes
- the desire for continued learning in up-to-date design trends and digital technology
- time management
- reliability as an employee; shows up to work on time, is always prepared for meetings/presentations/in-house critiques, adheres to project deadlines
- eagerness to participate in critiques and accept constructive criticism
- solid understanding of print vs. digital design production
- strong affection for typography
- good communication and interpersonal skills; displays a positive attitude
- ability to work well under pressure
- passion for all things art, design, technology and culture-related is a plus
- involvement in a design-related organization (i.e. AIGA) is a plus
TO APPLY Please submit a cover letter, resume and an online portfolio url, or digital pdf portfolio that includes 5-10 pieces of your best work to firstname.lastname@example.org. A follow-up interview will be mandatory to finalize the process (preferably in-person though video calls are acceptable as well).