Iron is a design agency specializing in brand strategy and aligning website experiences with their brand and company goals. We are a small yet efficient team that creates beautiful and functional brand deliverables for modern local businesses, the occasional corporation, and higher education programming. Our creative process embraces the beauty of iterative collaboration and deep exploration, and advocates for functionality and empathy for the user/audience at all times. We embrace the ever-evolving nature of the internet by pushing our clientele to anticipate how their site will function on technology of the future.
- Report to and work closely with our senior website designer to create innovative digital concepts, collaborate on interactive features that enhance the user experience and strengthen the brand experience, and document progress and adjustments throughout the process.
- Develop and launch user interface styles for responsive websites with a mobile-first approach, attention to detail, typography, and fluidity
- Test sites prior to submitting to senior leadership to ensure quality, prevent or eliminate bugs, confirm cross-browser compatibility, and accurately portray intended ui designs
- Bring a developer perspective and advocacy for the user experience to our creative website process’
- Provide occasional maintenance to various client websites
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, New Media Design/Development, Software Engineering, or similar
- Knowledge of the branding process, what a brand is and what a brand strategy is, and how to reinforce a brand while simultaneously designing for the user.
- 1+ years of experience working with Sketch files for translation from design to code
- Comfortable utilizing a version control system like Git as part of your workflow
- Excellent problem-solving and management skills for implementation with back-end
- 3+ years experience developing custom user interfaces for content management system sites like WordPress or Drupal and ecommerce platforms like Woocommerce that may include any of the following: multiple plugins, cookies, interactive transitions, custom video players, dynamic typography, social media implementation, and submittable forms
- attention to detail for pixel-perfect ui accuracy
- Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Experience in Sass, Ruby on rails is a plus
- Must be able to commute to our studio a minimum of 1-2 days per week.
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include three URLs to websites with which you served as the front-end developer.
Share this post: